Macondray Philippines Co., Inc. (MPCI) is a private, Filipino-owned investment holding group. It traces its beginnings to a company initially established as the Philippine branch of an American-owned shipping firm based in San Francisco, in the United States. Under the original American ownership, Macondray was founded in the Philippines in 1898 and incorporated in 1960. Throughout the next three decades, it continued to operate as a trading firm in the country. Then in 1990, the company entered a phase of redirection when it was acquired by the Lorenzo family.
> More About Us
Macondray's long and proud history dates as far back as 1848, when a retired clipper ship captain moved from New England to California and founded a commission house bearing his name. Captain Frederick William Macondray, of Scottish blood and born in Massachusetts, retired from seafaring after decades of plying the trading routes between the United States and China. He headed to California after hearing news of the gold discovery, and is believed to have arrived by the ship Crescent City on July 1, 1848. The following month, he opened the office of Macondray & Co., Inc. in San Francisco.
> Learn More